Welcome to /fg/lt/, or as I've recently taken to calling it, /fg+lt/. We are always open to users of all levels, including absolute beginners.
There are four ways to try GNU/Linux, you can:
- Install a GNU/Linux OS on a VM (Virtual Machine/VirtualBox) for "safety purposes"
- Use the Live ISO directly without installing anything, that way, you can get a "full GNU/Linux experience".
- Dual-boot GNU/Linux with Windows/Mac (recommended if you want to learn more about GNU/Linux)
- Go balls deep and overwrite everything with GNU/Linux
Before asking, please search for answers to your questions in resources.
Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread.
Understand that much of your software from Windows will be unavailable, although maybe Wine can make up for it.
man<insert command here>
- Your friendly neighborhood search engine (searx.me, ixquick, whatever)
- https://wiki.archlinux.org/ (Most of the configurations and troubleshoots will work on various distros, including Debian)
- More resources (formerly found in the pastas) on the Resources page